This morning I attended a great presentation by Sandi Wolff, Communications and External Relations at San Antonio Water System. Hosted by PT50 and Highland Homes. Below are some High Points:
1. Vista Ridge Pipeline: 142 mile pipeline extending almost to Waco. This area has a small community with a lot of water and receives a lot of rain. The venture will make this community some money while moving water here should we need it.
2. History of Per Capita Water use: There has been a 40% reduction in the last 30 years even with approx. 20,000 people moving to SA a year.
3. SA has the largest desalination plant in the US located under the Carrizo Aquifer.
4. Recycled Water is a 130 mile loop. Largest user her is Toyota which use 1.1 million gallons a day for prepping their cars to paint. Other great users are all our Municipal Golf Courses and USAA.
5. SAWS has a backup plan in case of emergency that could take care f over $400,000 homes for 6 months. Amazing
6. Check SAWS website for rebates for proper landscaping and drips vs. sprinklers